2.5 years ago by
I went into your account and this is what I found:
Recalculating disk space recovered about 7 GB of space. Not as much as you expected, but does bring it current to match the actual active + deleted content (excludes permanently deleted content - as expected).
All histories that are not status = active are permanently deleted. This is one of the correct ways to create more space.
The other way to create space is to permanently delete (purge) deleted datasets (not only histories). I see many of these in the active histories I looked at. Promote these from delete -> purge/perm delete and I expect the account data will line up with what you have as active.
If after purging datasets, the quota does not go down, give it an hour then write back and I can recalculate disk usage for you again (or someone from our team will see the post and do it - we all help with this).
Sending in bug reports or asking for help are what these support channels are for, so it is so okay to use them! It helps you and when posted here at Biostars (for the generalized questions) adds to the knowledge body for other users. It is always welcome, even if it seems like a simple question - others are likely experiencing a similar learning curve, so no worries there, at all! Plus many people start out asking questions, then later share back by helping other community members with questions as they gain experience (and have time! it is certainly not required - just a bonus!).
Thanks, Jen, Galaxy team