hy!! i have a problem regarding conversion of excel file(which contains miRNA data) into a bed file ..when i put the file and execute it will return error ..please tell me how to convert excel file into a bed file becuase in mapping i only required bed files
- Export data from Excel to a plain text (tabular) output on your own computer first.
- Upload that tabular data to Galaxy using autodetect for the datatype (important).
- After upload, change the datatype to be
tabularif Galaxy guessed it incorrectly.
- Then use the tool Cut on the tabular dataset within Galaxy so that it is a match for bed format.
- Once the dataset has the proper column data/ordering, change the datatype to be
For now, avoid using the "Convert" function to change between
bed format as there is a known bug with that function. Instead, do the column rearrangement and datatype changes directly using the methods above.
These FAQs cover the expected format/content for a
bed dataset and how to reset metadata such as datatype.
Thanks! Jen, Galaxy team