I have uploaded 7 FastQ datasets into Galaxy and used TopHat to align these datasets against a genome. That all went OK, and I am now trying to download the resultant 7 x "Accepted Hits" (BAM) files to our local file server.
The 7 BAM file datasets are each about 500 - 600 MB in size. I have done this on previous occasions with similarly sized BAM files, and on those occasions, it only took a few minutes to down load each BAM file.
Yesterday and today however, when I start the download for one of these BAM files, it says it is going to take something like 24 hours to download. I have tried using Chrome and Firefox browsers. The status says the files are only downloading at around 10 KB/s. I have also tried downloading directly to my desktop (Windows PC with 16GB of RAM and Core i& processor) rather than to a network share. It still shows very long estimated download times. I left the downloads going overnight yesterday, but all of the downloads failed only part way through downloading.
Is it possible that there are any network issues on the Galaxy side at the moment that would cause these file downloads to be so extremely slow and/or not completing the download at all.