Hi, I am trying to visualize the streptomyces hygroscopicus genome on igb. But IGB doesn't have this genome. I downloaded the genome from ensembl and NCBI, but I cannot load it into IGB (the file is a fa.gz file). Could you tell me how could I do that? Thanks!
You need to unzip your fa.gz file. Depending on your operating system, you should be able to double-click on the file or right-click > unzip.
Then, to load the custom genome in IGB:
Select File > Open Genome from File... (or click the DNA icon in the Toolbar.)
- Select a sequence file to use as the reference genome (fasta or 2bit
- Optional: Enter an IGB-friendly genome version name (optional)
- Optional: Enter the species name, including genus, species and variety as appropriate (optional)
- Click OK and wait for the genome to load.
- Open data files as usual. And to view sequence, zoom in and click Load Sequence.