Did anybody gain any experience with this:
1. Is it possible to let the administrator manually confirm each user
that registers before he can log into galaxy?
2. We would like to have different Administrators:
- for managing users and libraries
- for managing (creating) only new libraries and assigning users
As i can see so far it is not possible to assign any specific
permissions to roles?
thanks for any hint!
I've opened the following ticket for your 2 requests below.
Please see my inline comments as well.
Greg Von Kuster
Galaxy Development Team
Galaxy currently only has 1 type of admin user, and we have not
to change this, although I've included this request in the above
This is done as follows:
- for histories and history datasets, select the "Dataset security"
from the "Options" menu in your history panel. You'll be able to
permissions on your history datasets to specific roles.
- for library items ( libraries, folders and library datasets ),
need to be a Galaxy administrator. When you create a new library
select the "Edit this <library item's=""> permissiosn" option from the
drop-down menu associated with the library item. You'll be able to
assign permissions on that library item to specific roles.