Were are testing passing files to a genome browser on our galaxy instance. We have updated the galaxy.ini file and apache code to accept the server from the vectorbase.org genome browser server. The option to display, however, is not appearing. We are wondering if there could be a problem with the genome matching up? For example when I upload a data file on the usegalaxy.org instance, the file does not automatically show a display option for the ucsc browser. If I update the file settings and change the Database/Build to a preloaded genome then the display option of ucsc appears. So it would appear that in order to display, a valid genome must be in use. We have downloaded the genomes of vectorbase.org and uploaded them to our instance and have created database keys and indexes this way. These are the same genomes in the vectorbase.org genome browser but perhaps we are doing this wrong, in that the genome browser is not recognizing our genomes stored in data manager (or vice versa). Does anyone have any experience doing this, or have an idea to fix this issue/a different method of doing this?
The documentation for this is a bit outdated, so following it exactly is not advised, but here it is for reference: https://moin.galaxyproject.org/Admin/Tools/External%20Display%20Applications%20Tutorial
Advice from the team:
- Add the new external display application to the
- Model the entry after the functioning UCSC display application already present
- Matching "dbkey" database assignment metadata is important, so make sure these are a match
If you have more problems, please post back your
tool_conf.xml file with the entry and our team can help. A gist or other link that preserves formatting would be a good way to do that. Any sensitive content can be generalized, in this or any other shared data.
Thanks and let us know how this works out! Jen, Galaxy team