Workflows do not have permissions defined beyond the sharing settings. Histories/Datasets do.
Those users with access problems might be connecting through a firewall or the server itself might also be behind a firewall -- both could impact access. Permissions can also be a factor.
- Double check the sharing state was actually saved on the Share or Publish form by bringing it up again. Republish if needed.
- Check permissions that impact all datasets in a history: History menu (gear icon) > Dataset Security
- Check permissions per-dataset: Edit Attributes (pencil icon) > Permissions
If none of that resolves the problem:
- If the server and links are fully public (or you think they are/should be), paste the links back into a comment here. We can help test the access.
- If you are working at Galaxy Main https://usegalaxy.org or Galaxy Europe https://usegalaxy.eu, paste the links here, or send in an email with the share/publish links and we can review. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org using your registered account email and include a link to this Biostars post. https://galaxyproject.org/issues/#usage-problem-reporting
- If at another public Galaxy server, contact the administrators that run the instance to report the problem. Contact info is usually on the home page and sometimes included here: https://galaxyproject.org/public-galaxy-servers/
- If this is your own Galaxy (local, docker, cloud), make sure the server is hosted publically and that the admin permissions set will allow access to the users that cannot gain access (Nginx, Apache, plus any other authentications used): https://docs.galaxyproject.org/en/master/admin/index.html.
- If a local, and you are not yet upgraded to the latest release (Galaxy 18.01), consider doing that, as there have been many upgrades to functions: https://docs.galaxyproject.org/en/master/releases/index.html
Thanks! Jen, Galaxy team
Thanks for the quick reply - I have a feeling some users were attempting to view the histories and data without having logged into galaxy.
I'll check the firewall issues - we are having a bit of a mare with university IT blocking useful websites