Question: "An error occurred while getting updates from the server."
0
gravatar for rioualen
20 months ago by
rioualen10
France
rioualen10 wrote:

Hi,

We installed our own galaxy server locally, but are still struggling with a few things. Anyway, since yesterday we've been getting a vague error message upon logging in with our accounts :

"An error occurred while getting updates from the server. Please contact a Galaxy administrator if the problem persists. "

The behaviour is sometimes different depending on the web browser. It used to work fine on my firefox, now it doesn't anymore but it works on chromium. My colleague has different behaviour on different browsers as well...

Screencap attached.

server • 562 views
ADD COMMENTlink written 20 months ago by rioualen10

FYI, the screenshot doesn't appear.

Anyway, have a look in the galaxy logs, there's likely a traceback or some other error message in there when this occurs.

ADD REPLYlink written 20 months ago by Devon Ryan1.9k

Yeah I noticed, but I don't get why...

It includes this traceback:

{
  "userAgent": "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0",
  "onLine": true,
  "version": "16.10",
  "xhr": {
    "readyState": 4,
    "responseText": "{\"err_msg\": \"History is not accessible by user\", \"err_code\": 403002}",
    "responseJSON": {
      "err_msg": "History is not accessible by user",
      "err_code": 403002
    },
    "status": 403,
    "statusText": "Forbidden"
  },
  "options": {
    "parse": true,
    "keys": "type_id,element_count",
    "filters": {
      "history_content_type": "dataset_collection"
    },
    "remove": false,
    "traditional": true,
    "data": {
      "keys": "type_id,element_count",
      "order": "hid",
      "v": "dev",
      "q": [
        "history_content_type",
        "deleted",
        "purged",
        "visible"
      ],
      "qv": [
        "dataset_collection",
        "False",
        "False",
        "True"
      ]
    },
    "emulateHTTP": false,
    "emulateJSON": false,
    "textStatus": "error",
    "errorThrown": "Forbidden"
  },
  "url": "http://rsat-tagc.univ-mrs.fr:8082/galaxy/api/histories/a8539f6d9115ffe7/contents?keys=type_id%2Celement_count&order=hid&v=dev&q=history_content_type&q=deleted&q=purged&q=visible&qv=dataset_collection&qv=False&qv=False&qv=True",
  "model": [],
  "user": {
    "id": null,
    "username": "(anonymous user)",
    "total_disk_usage": 0,
    "nice_total_disk_usage": "0 bytes",
    "quota_percent": null,
    "is_admin": false
  }
}
ADD REPLYlink modified 20 months ago • written 20 months ago by rioualen10

I fear this will become one of those times you have to delve into the database and manually change a few fields. I'd personally start by trying to track down what's in that history and seeing who owns it. My guess is that there was a database error or something weird like that that resulted in a mismatch.

ADD REPLYlink written 20 months ago by Devon Ryan1.9k
Please log in to add an answer.

Help
Access

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Powered by Biostar version 16.09
Traffic: 122 users visited in the last hour