I am trying to install a new local instance of Galaxy on my computer. I followed the wiki on each step, and now i have an instance of Galaxy with MySQL. Unfortunately I have a big issue i can't login in the exact same way of this post : Problems with login into local Galaxy instance , i quote
"I enter user and pass and if it's wrong I get an error, otherwise it seems it's working (loging) but no actual user is active. It looks like the window refreshes on it's own. So when I try to log as admin. I can't get the admin interface."
I will tell you what I tried to fix this problem :
- I tried to install galaxy without mysql, and everything works fine. But I really need to have a mysql database
- I tried to use galaxy.ini from an instance which does work and i just modified database informations. I still have the same problem. Anyway I think that my galaxy.ini file is not the problem.
- I checked the MySQL database : the tables are OK and the user I registered appears in the user table.
- I put require_login to FALSE but it still ask me for login for workflow and visualization
- I tried to do this on 2 different computer, one on biolinux 8 and another with ubuntu 14.04 but I observe the same issue.
It looks like Galaxy can interact with the database (to create tables or users), but It can not maintain the connexion on the database to use Galaxy. I'm pretty sure that I lack something on mysql or mysql python but I can't find what.
Do you have any idea of what I missed?