17 months ago by
I am not sure where you are working, but perhaps not http://usegalaxy.org? Let us know if working there.
Potential failure reasons:
- A genome build (the "database" metadata attribute or the genome selected on the tool form) is not indexed properly for the tool
- A custom genome/build is being used and it is not formatted correctly
- Try a rerun. This could be a transient server issue. That would explain prior successful runs, assuming the same inputs/tool options were used.
An actual data/tool problem where the index exists but is not available to the same tool for all jobs using it is something that should be looked at. If this is occurring at http://usegalaxy.org, please share more details. What "database" assigned is to the inputs and/or the "genome" selected on the tool form would be a good start.
Two options to avoid the error that do not require any changes (and may be the workaround if there is a problem that needs to be fixed):
Do not use the bias correction option. This requires the genome as an input and is an optional parameter.
Use a Custom genome instead, and promote it to a Custom build.
- Assign the Custom build as the "database" for input datasets and/or use it from the history (usage varies between tools)
- Custom genome help: https://galaxyproject.org/learn/custom-genomes/
- Be sure the format is correct (how-to in link above)
- Poor custom genome formatting could also cause this type of error
Thanks! Jen, Galaxy team