Hey, I am trying to use GATK through Galaxy and trying to call variants from my vcf file. "Select Variants from VCF files (Galaxy Version 0.0.3)". What to write in "Using reference genome"? I have another issue while using ANNOVAR for annotation. What to write in "Annotation Regions" and "Annotation Databases"? Thanks
Heads up! This is a static archive of our support site. Please go to help.galaxyproject.org if you want to reach the Galaxy community. If you want to search this archive visit the Galaxy Hub search
Question: What to write in "Using reference genome" and "Annotation Regions"sections ?
3 months ago by
Amir.saeidian • 0
Amir.saeidian • 0 wrote:
ADD COMMENT • link •
3 months ago by
Jennifer Hillman Jackson ♦ 25k
Jennifer Hillman Jackson ♦ 25k wrote:
- All of Galaxy's currently wrapped GATK tools are considered deprecated, are based on older GATK releases, and may fail for a variety of reasons. For now, skip using GATK in Galaxy, whether at a public server or your own local Galaxy with the tools loaded from the ToolShed.
- It is better to use the latest Variant Analysis protocols. Please see the Galaxy Tutorials here: https://galaxyproject.org/learn/
- There are development plans to wrap the newer GATK release's tools, but that is still a work in progress.
- Only a limited number of genomes are supported by the tool as available at most public Galaxy servers.
- At https://usegalaxy.org,
hg19is supported. Given a VCF input both based the
hg19genome/build and assigned that database, a listing of available selections will show up for those tool settings.
- FAQ explaining how to assign metadata, including "database": https://galaxyproject.org/support/ >> How do I find, adjust, and/or correct metadata?
- Important: The data content (not just the database assignment) must actually be based on the
hg19genome/build/version, otherwise, the tool will end with an error due to a genome mismatch. In other words, avoid assigning that database in hopes that it will retrieve annotation for VCF content based on a different genome/build/version.
Thanks! Jen, Galaxy team
ADD COMMENT • link
Please log in to add an answer.
Powered by Biostar version 16.09
Traffic: 168 users visited in the last hour