Hey, I am trying to use GATK through Galaxy and trying to call variants from my vcf file. "Select Variants from VCF files (Galaxy Version 0.0.3)". What to write in "Using reference genome"? I have another issue while using ANNOVAR for annotation. What to write in "Annotation Regions" and "Annotation Databases"? Thanks
Question: What to write in "Using reference genome" and "Annotation Regions"sections ?
27 days ago by
Amir.saeidian • 0
Amir.saeidian • 0 wrote:
ADD COMMENT • link •
27 days ago by
Jennifer Hillman Jackson ♦ 25k
Jennifer Hillman Jackson ♦ 25k wrote:
- All of Galaxy's currently wrapped GATK tools are considered deprecated, are based on older GATK releases, and may fail for a variety of reasons. For now, skip using GATK in Galaxy, whether at a public server or your own local Galaxy with the tools loaded from the ToolShed.
- It is better to use the latest Variant Analysis protocols. Please see the Galaxy Tutorials here: https://galaxyproject.org/learn/
- There are development plans to wrap the newer GATK release's tools, but that is still a work in progress.
- Only a limited number of genomes are supported by the tool as available at most public Galaxy servers.
- At https://usegalaxy.org,
hg19is supported. Given a VCF input both based the
hg19genome/build and assigned that database, a listing of available selections will show up for those tool settings.
- FAQ explaining how to assign metadata, including "database": https://galaxyproject.org/support/ >> How do I find, adjust, and/or correct metadata?
- Important: The data content (not just the database assignment) must actually be based on the
hg19genome/build/version, otherwise, the tool will end with an error due to a genome mismatch. In other words, avoid assigning that database in hopes that it will retrieve annotation for VCF content based on a different genome/build/version.
Thanks! Jen, Galaxy team
ADD COMMENT • link
Please log in to add an answer.
Powered by Biostar version 16.09
Traffic: 151 users visited in the last hour