Is this something that could be done? I looked at the Add Custom Tool page, but it only talks about Perl/Python scripts. The front-end that user interacts with has to be defined using XML file ... I want to instead give my own HTML+CSS+JS file.
The form I'm generating dynamically allows users to generate data which can be used for further analysis. While I can't tell you exactly what it is (yet), a pseudo workflow could be:
- User comes on custom Galaxy instance
- Acquires data using the custom tool.
- The tool acquires form structure from the API
- Generates some genomic data, Galaxy would keep this in history
- User can perform some other analysis using the output in (4) ... i.e. say compute GC content, as a basic example.