Hello potential GCC2017 Attendees!
The 2017 Galaxy Community Conference (GCC2017) will be held 26-30 June, in Montpellier, France. GCC2017 training will be held 27-28 June. We need your vote to determine what to offer at GCC2017 training.
If there is even a remote chance that you will attend GCC2017 (it's in the South of France; it will be summer; don't let that influence your decision), then please vote on which of the 34 nominated topics you would like to see offered at GCC2017.
Vote Now! Voting closes Wednesday, 8 February.
27 June will be single track and focus on how to use Galaxy for research. 28 June will have multiple tracks, and offer the full spectrum of Galaxy training.
Vote for as many topics as you like, but please note that the more topics you vote for, the less your vote for each single topic will count.
Voting closes on 8 February. Once that happens the organisers will scramble to confirm instructors and set a schedule. The training schedule will be posted before registration opens in February.
The nominated topics this year are:
- Galaxy 101 - A gentle introduction to Galaxy
- Galaxy at scale
- Visualisation of BIG DATA in Galaxy
- GSuite HyperBrowser: integrative analysis of dataset collections across the genome and epigenome
- ChIPseq analysis using DeepTools and MACS
- RADseq Data Analysis Through STACKS on Galaxy
- RNAseq analysis in Galaxy
- Flow Cytometry Analysis with ImmPort Galaxy
- Metabolomics Analysis with Galaxy on W4M infrastructure
- How to analyze metagenomic and amplicon data in Galaxy?
- Galaxy for Proteomics
- Processing and Analysis of Hi-C data using HiCExplorer
- SNP analysis and GWAS using SNiPlay
- Small genome de novo assembly using Galaxy
- Scripting Galaxy using the API and BioBlend
- Introduction to Galaxy admin: Setting up a Galaxy instance as a service
- Advanced customisation of a Galaxy instance
- Advanced accelerated Galaxy admin
- How to use Galaxy Ansible Playbooks
- Testing Galaxy
- Using and deploying your application to the cloud
- Galaxy Architecture
- Writing & Publishing Galaxy Tools
- Advanced Topics in Galaxy Tool Development
- Visualisation Development in Galaxy
- Adding support for new external sources
- Conda and Containers for Tool Dependencies - A Developers Perspective
- Conda and Containers for Tool Dependencies - A Deployers Perspective
- Introduction to Galaxy Interactive Environments
- Advanced topics in Galaxy Interactive Environments
- Galaxy and Tripal - coupling Galaxy to a community database
- The Galaxy Genome Annotation project: Dockerized genome annotation environment based on Galaxy and GMOD tools
- Using Hadoop with Galaxy
- Galaxy for Training and Education
Please vote! Your participation helps make Galaxy Community Conferences the successful and community focused events that they are. And, thanks to everyone who nominated topics and/or contributed topic descriptions.
Hope to see you in Montpellier!
Dave Clements, on behalf of the GCC2017 Organising Committee