Question: TopHat error: "An error occurred setting the metadata for this dataset"
0
gravatar for lisa.kashima
11 months ago by
lisa.kashima0 wrote:

Hi,

I attempted to use TopHat today and got an error message which said "An error occurred setting the metadata for this dataset. Set it manually or retry auto-detection." I clicked the error message to figure out what was the actual problem. And then, the error message disappear when I clicked it. Does it mean the problem was resolved?

I ran TopHat yesterday with other data sets (but prepared in same way). I did not get the error message.

Would you please let me know how I should deal with the error? Should I re-run another time? I read a posted messages (https://biostar.usegalaxy.org/p/18823/) but I'm not sure whether I can use the TopHat results.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Regards, Risa

tophat • 346 views
ADD COMMENTlink modified 11 months ago by Jennifer Hillman Jackson24k • written 11 months ago by lisa.kashima0
0
gravatar for Jennifer Hillman Jackson
11 months ago by
United States
Jennifer Hillman Jackson24k wrote:

Hello Risa,

The problem is linked to a particular cluster and just this tool. Any Tophat results that need the correction have the BAM data intact. The problems are with the metadata and these are fixed after auto-detect is run. Re-runs are not needed.

A solution for the issue is still pending. Details here: https://github.com/galaxyproject/galaxy/issues/2838

Hope this helps to clarify! Jen, Galaxy team

ADD COMMENTlink written 11 months ago by Jennifer Hillman Jackson24k
Please log in to add an answer.

Help
Access

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Powered by Biostar version 16.09
Traffic: 64 users visited in the last hour